Friday, April 23, 2010

The Athletics Day!

Every single student was very excited on Friday 19 March 2010. After the bell rang right on time, it told us that we had to get changed and to have a little play around.
Suddenly the bell rang again, we started to line up in our group teams. We then rushed off to the fields and sat straight up. Mrs. Tui gave us 10 points to start with. Once we were silent Miss. G began to speak on the microphone. It was time for us to start the races. First it was the 5 year olds. Next it was the 6 year olds, and so on.
When I heard the number 10, I stood up and walked over to Mrs. Pole. As I was getting ready, my heart was racing and my legs were shaking. Mrs. Pole then clapped the blocks together. I started to speed off like a Jamaican record breaker to the finish line, "Yes, I made it" I said to myself.
The 100 meter race was quite excellent because I actually came 1st.
Just as I was waiting, I heard the word 200 meters. I saw Fetulimoeata and Molimoli (my sister), I really wanted to go back, but I said in my head "No, don't give up, try your best. You can do it."
On the line I stood calm, took one breath and BOOM went the blocks, I was jogging at first, but when the girls were tired I pushed myself in front of Fetulimoeata and I came 1st. I was very surprised because I thought I was hopeless but I was fine. It was like the colours of the rainbow while I was running.
It was now time for......NOVELTY RACES! There was Marble on a Spoon, Wheel-barrow, 3 legged race etc.
We finally walked back to our home teams because I was really tired of running and chasing.
I felt so confused because everyone was in my head trying to tell me to come 1st.

5 comments:

  1. Well done Ofa, I really like the variety of sentence starters you have used and also the picture you created for me in my mind when you were racing. Awesome job. I can't wait to read your next post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great for you to be the first in your class to get a post on the blog. Even though I was there, your description brought back memories for me of the fun everybody had during the day.
    Keep up the creative writing and aways be tying to make it as interesting as you can for your audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ofa that was the most brilliant recount I have ever seen hope you type out another recount.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Ofa
    It was really funny when you kept coming first and I kept coming second.......
    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more interesting work from you.

    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ofa, It was so great to read your recount of the Athletics Day at St Pius X. I found your honesty refreshing and the image I have of you running, that you created through your use of descriptive language was wonderful. I look foward to reading more of your writing :)

    ReplyDelete